The current dilemma of the "UnitedThem States" has kept me up for the last few hours. It's made me feel so uncomfortable and I'm not exactly sure where to begin so I'll share what I know.
I've thought that to myself too many times. I wonder about the safety of my loved ones & often pray that I'll never see the day anyone I know has a hashtag in front of their name. I hope to sleep and wake up without the news of another tragedy. To be quite honest, I'm feeling more emotionally drained than I ever have before. So what now?
Some tweet, some vlog, some march, some write, some cry.. I share the only thing that keeps me sane –– the only thing I know to be sure and true in my times of anxiousness and angst.
- Psalm 119:50 - "My comfort in my suffering is this: Your promise preserves my life."
- Psalms 147:3 - "He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds."
- Matthew 8:28 - "Come to me, all who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest."
- John 14:27 - "Peace I leave with you, my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.
- 1 Peter 5:7 - "Cast all your anxiety on Him because He cares for you."
- Romans 8:38 - "For I am convinced, neither life nor death ... will be able to keep separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
- and for my brothers... Deuteronomy. 31:8 - "It is the Lord who goes before you. He will be with you; He will not leave you nor forsake you. Do not fear or be dismayed.
It is my hope that anyone that comes across this post will find a verse that they're able to hold on to. A verse that tells them "It Is Well." I pray that the Lord's will shall be done and those that continue to push racial injustice will be held accountable someday... What sucks is feeling like that day won't be today..